3rd October – Monday – The Vichy Government – The Final Curtain + Quimper + Professor Karmadillo
My first gig – I’ll be opening proceedings – free entry, though donations towards costs will be appreciated.
After 4 albums and however many years The Vichy Government are stopping. Since a large proportion of gigs I’ve put on have involved putting the Vichy Government on I am coming out of retirement to host one of their last gigs.
It will have films, a fez on the door for donations (no charge on the door), free junk and fully licenced bar.
29th October – Saturday – Helen Arney and Friends
The talented geek songstress counts me as a friend!!! We’re not worthy!!! An event thats part of the Cambridge Festival of Ideas – tickets here!
How can a fiver be wrong for a lineup thats made of the following!
– HELEN ARNEY – musical comedian & geek songstress
– STEVE MOULD – stand-up & Blue Peter science expert
– PROFESSOR KARMADILLO – Cambridge local singing songs about science
– CHARLOTTE YOUNG & ROB QUINN – with “Richard Dawkins Doesn’t Exist (and we can prove it)”
– ROB WELLS – mixing science and stand-up
– LEILA JOHNSTON – author of How To Worry Friends and Inconvenience People & Enemy of Chaos
– DAN WOODS & JO STEPHENSON – perform a mini-musical about vegetable gardening
– WILL HOWELLS – asking why there aren’t more dolphins on Only Connect
– PLUS more guests on the night